- Ironic, but 80% of online retailers are using Google Analytics incorrectly according to a DBD Media survey of 50 e-commerce sites (which doesn’t sound like an awfully big number to be honest). I’m not surprised, I think the real amount of incorrect use is ~95% based on how many people mis-configure or fail to configure Google Analytics. Read more about the most common errors people fall into when they run Google Analytics by going to the article.
- A well written post Politics in Rolling Stone - Finally Liberated From Facts, Mitt Romney the Pure Bull Artist Takes Flight but it may come down to just a few voters who may express themselves in unpredictable ways.
- In addition, since it’s election time, there is a new study from the PEW Institute titled Social media and American politics: study (take a look at the chart below)
- Appears that I’ll be teaching 4 sessions of Social Media for the Arts (teaching 2 sessions this semester) starting in late January 2013.
- I presented Analytics for the Real World at Strata Conference this morning at the Hilton Hotel in mid Manhattan. My talk went very well and here’s the presentation and information – to get the most out of the presentation you need to run my slide deck in presentation mode. I did a dry run of the presentation which runs at 14.5 minutes.
- I was at Cloudforce.com last Friday and ran into a few old (and new) friends. Among the things that impressed me the most was Data.com and SocialKey. What impressed me the least so far was the Marketing Cloud which Salesforce is selling as an entire solution, but is really a lot of separate programs and technology stacks that do not interoperate as yet.
That’s it – busy at conferences this week.